With over 1.5 million active users across the globe, WhatsApp messaging app is one of the most dependable and trusted platforms for communicating with friends and family. The Facebook-owned messaging platform is designed for users with several new features added to the app regularly. One of its basic features is its ability to clear all messages, whether it is private messages or group messages at once. However, if you have deleted any message by mistake and are wondering how to see deleted messages on WhatsApp, then we have you sorted.
Restore deleted WhatsApp messages for Android and iOS users
If you want to restore WhatsApp message, and are looking for ways on how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender, then the below pointers will help you.
Recover via local storage
Android users can follow these steps to see deleted messages on WhatsApp
- Open the file browser on your device
- Go to WhatsApp > Database. The database contains all the WhatsApp backup files that are stored locally
- Select the ‘msgstore.db.crypt12’ file and long press it and click on edit name. Now, rename it to ‘msgstore_backup.db.crypt12’
- Select the most recent backup file and rename it to ‘msgstore.db.crypt12’
- Open Google Drive on your device and click on the three vertical lines menu seen at the top right corner
- Tap on “Backups” and delete your WhatsApp backup
- Do not forget to uninstall WhatsApp and re-install it. Also, remember that while installing, restore WhatsApp from a local backup as you don’t have a cloud backup anymore
- Click on ‘msgstore.db.crypt12’ file and tap the ‘Restore’ button
Use Cloud backup to see deleted messages on WhatsApp
Restore deleted messages from Google Drive or iCloud. To do so,
- First step is to delete WhatsApp from your Android phone or iPhone
- Now reinstall WhatsApp and login using the same phone number
- Tap on ‘Restore’ to begin the process
- Voila! You can restore your messages from Google Drive or iCloud.
Use MobileTrans to read deleted messages on WhatsApp
Since Google Drive and iCloud have limited storage and might be tough to manage, you can use MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer instead.
- Launch MobileTrans on your computer. Go to WhatsApp Transfer section
- Select the WhatsApp app from the sidebar and choose Back up” your messages
- Backup WhatsApp Data to your computer. Once your device is detected, you can click on the “Start” button to take its backup.In case you are using an Android phone, then you have to go to its Setting > Chats > Chat Backup to back up your data first
- Now, reinstall WhatsApp on your phone and choose to restore your WhatsApp data from the local backup that you took
Read deleted WhatsApp messages
Follow this simple trick to read deleted whatsapp messages on WhatsApp
- Download third-party application WhatsRemoved+on Google Play Store
- Install the app on your smartphone
- Don’t forget to open it and accept all the terms and conditions
- Provide access to phone’s notifications by clicking on “Yes”
- Select the applications you want it to save all notifications
- Enable WhatsApp if you want to know how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender
- At this stage, WhatsRemoved+ will then ask you whether it should save files or not. Click the option that you prefer.
The third-party application will automatically take you to a page that will show all deleted WhatsApp messages. You just need to click on WhatsApp option next to Detected option on top of the screen.
After enabling these settings, you will be able to read deleted WhatsApp messages. The deleted messages will appear under the WhatsApp option on the WhatsRemoved+ app.