Just like your ex, your browser also tends to hold on to information, and this information can cause problems when you move on to something new or whilst logging on to new websites. Thus, it is important to stay away from things that slow your growth. This makes it necessary to clear out browser history, the cache and even cookies on a regular basis. If you want to know how to clear history in Chrome, stay with us!
How to Clear History in Chrome
Chrome keeps a track of your activity for a reason. This history, although comes handy when you want to restore a tab you closed accidentally or to read a funny article you once read, or to browse the shopping site where you liked a dress, it is slightly creepy that it knows and tabs everything you search for. Also, you don’t want your kids to know what you have been doing on Chrome all night long. Thus, to make your system work to its full capacity, you can clear history in Chrome by following the steps mentioned in the How to Clear History in Chrome section.
Steps for How to Clear History in Chrome
- Click on the three dots visible in the top right corner of the Google Chrome window.
- Choose the ‘history’ option. You can also reach the same point by using ‘Ctrl+H’.
- Click on the ‘clear browsing data’ on the left.
- Now you will be provided with different options for clearing your web history for for a time period of the last 24 hours, seven days, four weeks, or all time.
In case you want Google Chrome to delete cookies as soon as you close all your browser windows, then select the “Keep local data only until I quit my browser” checkbox available in the Content Settings dialog. This feature also allows you to include exceptions so that only specific sites’ cookies are removed every time you close your browser.
Also Read: How to Change Chrome://Flags Settings
How to Clear History in Mozilla Firefox
Firefox for Android makes offers features to ensure your web history is safe and protected. It offers control over your browsing history along with securing passwords and other confidential details. Here is a step by step guide on how to clear history in Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to the History panel on your home screen.
- Tap on “Clear browsing history” right at at the bottom of the History panel.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Firefox also allows you to delete specific items from your browser. This can be done by following the below mentioned steps for clearing history in Firefox for specific items.
- Click on the menu button (look for the same on either below the screen or in the upper right of the browser)
- Tap on “More” and then select “Settings”
- Click on “Clear Private Data”
- Select the items you’d like to clear and finally click on “Clear Data”
Firefox also allows to clear your browsing history when you are done with your work. Once you select this feature, Firefox automatically deletes your selected data, including search or history, bookmarks, saved passwords, and more.
How to Clear History in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge has an “In Private” mode that allows users to browse the internet without Edge saving the history. It’s great tool in case you don’t want your browsing habits to become. But, in case you are unable to locate this mode and if you are wondering how to clear browsing history in Microsoft Edge, then follow these simple steps:
- Type “edge://settings/privacy” (without the quotes) into the address bar.
- Under the “Clear browsing data” heading, click “Choose what to clear.”
- Choose what data to clear.
- Check “Browsing history” and any other box that you’d like, and then click on “Clear now.” If you select your time range as “Forever,” it’ll delete the entire browsing history at one go.
We hope this article on how to clear your history from Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft will help you browse the internet without the guilt of getting caught. Stay tuned for more such handy tips that can help you move forward and clear unwanted elements from your life and your system.