High intensity interval training (HIIT) sessions by certified fitness bloggers have taken over the internet. The unique combination of killer exercises with a few less intensity exercises races the heartbeat and is super-effective in losing that stubborn stored fat. A well fit for a busy schedule – HIIT is a great way to get in shape without actually hitting the gym or lifting heavy weights. Also, you don’t need a lot of space to get that fat moving. Here are the best 5 full body workout exercises that will involve all the muscles and make you shed those extra pounds
An ultimate exercise to get the most fat-blasting results. Burpee works on every muscle in your body, including shoulders, triceps, chest, core, quads, inner thighs, and butt, and instantly kicks up the heart rate for awesome calorie burn.
The Right Way of Doing a Burpee
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms on the side.
- Lower your body in a squat position by pushing the hips back.
- Place your hands on the floor right under your shoulders and shift your weight onto your hands.
- Jump your feet back to softly land on the balls of your feet in a plank position. Your body should form a straight line from your head to heels.
- Engage your core and jump your feet back so that they land just outside of your hands.
- Reach your arms over head and jump up into the air.
- Land and immediately lower back into a squat for your next rep.
Tip: If you are just starting, you can opt for Inchworm exercise. The inchworm is a multi-joint, vigorous exercise that increases strength and muscular endurance throughout the entire body.
High kicks are a great exercise for toning the legs and glutes. This exercise increases the lower body strength and improves the flexibility of the hamstrings. A nice high kick doesn’t just allow you to lift your leg high but also ensures that you control its movement with sublime accuracy. For variation, you can also try the walking high kicks to burn a few extra calories.
How to do High Kicks
- Reach your right arm straight out in front of you, parallel with the ground. Your hand should be flat and your palm facing the ground.
- Step forward by putting your weight on your left foot and simultaneously kick your right foot up towards your hand. Remember to keep toes flexed.
- You should work towards touching your toes to your palm.
- Repeat while alternating legs.
Modified version of the regular squats, jump squats increase your explosive power and simultaneously work on the upper and lower body. Jump squats are a great workout to get that heart pump and is super-effective for fat burning and toning the thigh muscles.
How to do Jump Squats
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart,
- Push your buttocks out, bend your knees, and squat down. Ensure your legs are parallel to the ground and keep your back slightly bend to avoid strain
- Bring your palms together when squatting down
- While getting up, propel your body upwards and jump. Throw your hands down to generate force.
- Gently land on the floor making sure your knees are not caved in and ensure they don’t overshoot your toes.
This is the best exercise for a full body workout. Mountain climber involves nearly every muscle group in the body—biceps, deltoids, triceps, obliques, chest, abdominals, hamstrings, quads, and hip abductors. Mountain climbers are an excellent option for building cardio endurance, core strength, and agility.
Simple Way to do Mountain Climbers
- Start by getting in plank position and ensure the body weight is evenly distributed between your hands and your toes.
- Your hands should be about shoulder-width apart, back flat, abs engaged, and head in alignment.
- Now pull your right knee into your chest
- Switch legs, pulling one knee out and bringing the other knee in.
- Do not strain your back. Try and keep your hips down.
- Inhale and exhale with each leg change.
A great workout for lower and upper body, plank jacks are a combined cardio and core-strengthening exercise. This one increases core strength and stability, burns calories at a faster rate and is quite effective in reducing fat from all over the body.
How to do Plank Jack Properly
- Start in plank position with your arms extended and hands under your shoulders, feet together. Your body should be in a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Engage your abs to help protect your lower back from injury.
- Jump both feet out wide to each side as if you were doing a horizontal jumping jack.
- Stay in plank position as you quickly jump your feet back together.
- Continue to jump back in and out. Keep your back flat and don’t let your hips drop throughout the entire movement.
A full body workout with just these 5 exercises will definitely prepare you for a better tomorrow.Do these exercises regularly and share your workout journey. Write to us if you want to learn about easy exercises that can be done in the comfort of your home.