Windows 8 tablets have constantly been appearing for a while now and Lenovo has launched the 8-inch ThinkPad tab at the CES held in Las Vegas. The newest release in the 8-inch series is the ThinkPad Tablet 8 which could give tough competition to Nexus 10 2 which is also slated to release this year. It is the initial 8-inch release in the product line-up of the ThinkPad series
The device is all set to run on Windows 8.1 and will feature a display of 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution along with Intel bay Trail technique which brings out better performance of the device and extremely efficient battery life.
Specs of ThinkPad Tablet 8:
– Features processor of Intel Z3770 Quad Core (Bay Trail Quad Core) clocked at 2.4GHz
– Sports 8.3 inches display with FHD 1920 x 1200 resolution and 10 finger multiple touch screen
– Operating System: Windows 8.1 with Office
– 2GB Memory\
– Boasts of storage up to 128GB
– Supports rear camera of 8MP (HD 1080p) and front camera of 2MP (HD 1080p)
– Comes with ports: MicroUSB 3.0, Micro HDMI, Micro SIM
– Supports communication via Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G LTE
– Offers battery life of 8 hours
– Weighs 430gm
– The dimensions include 132mm x 224.3mm x 8.8mm
The ThinkPad Tab 8 is a full-fledged Windows gadget and includes Office from Lenovo. The Office inclusion has become a common place to be placed on Windows tablets as it is the biggest advantage of the other tablets of the segment. As the size of the tablet is small, it doesn’t come with keyboard option but features smart cover known as Quickshot Cover. The corners can be folded.
The device will be available from Lenovo offline and online stores in the late month of January and has been priced at $399