A government-issued identity card, the Aadhar card of an individual holds a 12-digit unique number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India. The document establishes the identity of every Indian citizen and is essential to avail subsidy, government services, pension benefits, etc. If you are wondering how to do Aadhar card update online and change address on Aadhar card without address proof, then this step-by-step guide is for you.
Why is it important to update the Aadhar card?
Alongside availing of the services offered by the government of India, an Aadhar card is mandatory to file income tax returns. In case you do not have an updated Aadhar card, you can face problems when filing the return. Here are the steps for Aadhar card update online.
- Open https://www.uidai.gov.in./
- Go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab and click on ‘update your address online.’
- On the main page, click on ‘Request Validation Letter.’
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number. Recheck it once. Then enter the captcha code and click on the OTP button.
- Enter the received OTP in the required field.
- A new window will pop up where you will be asked to enter the Aadhaar details of your verifier. This step is crucial to change address on Aadhar card without address proof.
- Now click on the ‘Send Request’ option you will find below. Here, you will find the following details- your request for address validation Letter has been initiated and an SMS has been sent to the address Verifier’s mobile for his/her consent; a message of confirmation will be sent after the Address Verifier gives his/her consent, following this you will receive a link via SMS, opening which will allow you to login again.
- The chosen address verifier will have to open the link sent via SMS and provide his/her consent to use their address as your address. For this, once the link is opened, the verifier will have to enter the OTP that they will receive on their registered mobile to give their consent.
- You will receive an SMS comprising a link and service request number (SRN). Click on the link and carefully enter the SRN number. Do not forget to enter the captcha code as well. Now tap on ‘Send OTP.’
- Enter the OTP that you have received on the registered mobile number and click on ‘Login’.
- Here you will be asked to give the confirmation for the new address you want to be updated on the Aadhar card. Please check for spelling errors, and confirm the same by pressing on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Once the request for Aadhar update online is submitted carefully, you will receive a validation letter at the given address. This validation letter is crucial to change address on the Aadhar card as it comprises a secret code that needs to be entered on the official UIDAI site. You can do so by clicking ‘Update Address online’> Aadhaar number> captcha code >generate OTP> login to site> Update Address via Secret Code> enter the secret code> Proceed.
Voila!! Your new address will be updated on the Aadhar card.
You can also visit the nearest Aadhaar Kendra for Aadhar card address update. update your Aadhar card. No document is required to update gender, photograph, biometrics, mobile number & Email ID in your Aadhaar card. To book an appointment, visit: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointment.aspx.