Yes, you can train ChatGPT to write like you. However, this is only possible if you know how to use clear and clever prompts. These prompts help ChatGPT understand your style of writing. We have identified the following five steps so you can train ChatGPT to write like you. Once you have this, you can create anything, including your social media posts, articles and other content so it sounds like you.
How to train ChatGPT to write like you
1. Set the prompt to make chatGPT understand your style
- Use a prompt to instruct chatGPT to appreciate your writing style. ChatGPT needs specific instructions to do anything. Hence, to train it to write like you, it is important to give examples of your style of writing.
- Tell ChatGPT: “I need your help to write [SPECIFICS] content. Your first task will be to understand my writing style based on the examples that I give you. After that, we’ll create some content. To start, please say GO AHEAD, and I will paste examples of my writing. Keep saying GO AHEAD, and I will paste new examples. When I am done, I will say FINISHED”.
- At this stage, please do nothing except confirm that you have saved the writing style. This way, ChatGPT will understand what time you’ll give content to it and when it has to stop.
2. Start adding your writing
- Once ChatGPT writes ‘Go Ahead’, you can paste your content from newsletters, emails, books, or articles.
- Pick up your best work in tone, format, vocabulary and length.
- After you paste one piece of content, choose a return. ChatGPT will keep saying ‘Go Ahead’, and you should keep adding your content. Ideally, add at least three sets of your content, including at least 1000 words from different topics but the same niche.
- It is like training a copywriter by giving them several examples to make them understand what you want. Once you enter the last model, type ‘Finished.’
- Now ChatGPT will be ready to receive your following prompt. And you are closer to How to train ChatGPT to write like you.
3. Give a name to your style
- This is not a necessary step, but if you include this, it will make this process easy the next time
- Give a name to that writing style so that ChatGPT knows the next time, you can name the style, and ChatGPT could write for you in that style
- You can ensure this by asking ChatGPT for a summary of your style. An example of this prompt is “Great, let’s call this (your name) writing style.” First, can you summarize the previous content in a few bullet points in (your name) writing style
- Once you are happy with the results, follow the next prompt.
4. Ask ChatGPT for what you want
- Now your program is trained to write like you. It is ready to receive the context and instructions for what to write and what to produce in what way.
- Open the following prompt and say ‘thanks,’ and add what you want ChatGPT to write for you. (Saying it may sound more humane and odd with a bot, but studies say it will bring better results when treating it like your buddy.)
- Following is an example of the prompt you can use and alter it according to your requirements.
- “Every week, I send a thought-provoking article on a different topic. Each introduces a different way of thinking about a common concept, is three paragraphs long, and ends with a question to the reader.”
- You’ll have to add details in the prompt according to your requirements. For example, points will be different for an SEO-optimized article, and for shareholders, elements will be different.
- Once the context is clear to the ChatGPT, you can further specify the task regarding the topic, facts, background etc. Make it clear if you want a story, prose, dates, or a formal informative article.
5. Ask ChatGPT to edit the content
- Assume ChatGPT is the same as a human, so the first draft won’t get a pass, right? You have to ask ChatGPT to make some edits.
- Use the following prompt to ask for edits. “Thanks. Please make it more [how you want it edited].” Now you can add details like content should be more serious, light-hearted, longer, shorter or with few adverbs. Giving more directions will make it more like you want it to be. Same as you do with a living copywriter.
- Keep refining until you are satisfied with the outcome. And your content is ready the way you want it to be, and that too from a chatbot. That’s How to train ChatGPT to write like you.
Half the work is done once you are an expert at giving written prompts to your chatbot. It’s all about communicating correctly to ChatGPT and making it understand precisely what you want. The same thing happens with humans; when we can display correctly, the correct response will come out. We hope the five steps help you understand How to train ChatGPT to write like you.
Read More: How to Use Chatgpt on Whatsapp for Free