2017 ended on a remarkable note when some of the most amazing smartphones were launched amid great pomp and show. Interestingly, the sales of these phones are picking up in 2018 as well. If you do not belong to the tech space and the multitude of attributes offered often leaves you in a frenzy, see our guide to the most promising smartphones in the premium category.
- iPhone X – The ballyhoo created by the American giant’s recent device is worthy of the attributes it delivers. Apple has definitely improved the battery life of its latest flagship phone by extending the talk time up to 21 hours. The most unique feature of the iPhone X is facial recognition unlocking that makes it nothing less than a masterpiece. The feature works pretty smoothly even at night due to the infrared technology. To buy the best smartphone from Apple, you will have to shell out at least $999 (64GB) and this amount will go on increasing as you keep on adding storage to the device.
- Galaxy S8 – Samsung devices have always been the strongest contenders of the iPhone. The Galaxy S8 that boasts of features such as the edge to edge display is currently a hot favorite among Android loyalists. The robust phone has undergone various smashing and water resistant tests and has emerged successful every single time, making it one of the most reliable smartphones. The quality of the screen as well as camera is not bad either, although you can always go for the Galaxy S8 Plus in case a bigger screen is what you are looking for. At a price of $725, which can be paid in a lump sum or by way of installments, this is one of our best picks for the year.
- Pixel 2 XL – The Google Pixel 2 XL always has to be the first device that receives the latest updates on Android, a reason why users opt for it despite the hefty price tag. It also features the signature Google Assistant that offers personalized solutions to your queries. According to Tech Radar, the Pixel 2 XL is offered at a starting price of $849 and can go up to $949 depending on the storage. This smartphone is loaded with Artificial Intelligence technology and makes for a great choice.
- One Plus 5T – This device is one of the best smartphones that is currently ruling the market. The affordable price of the One Plus 5T (starting $500) is definitely giving competitors a run for their money. Packed with a splendid camera, Snapdragon 835 processor, powerful battery and up to 8GB RAM, this premium smartphone is beating the likes of Samsung and Apple.
- LG G6 – In a market that has been resonating with the buzz created by devices from Samsung and Apple, the LG G6 is carving a niche for itself through a list of features which include a Snapdragon 821 processor and a 5’7” screen. The battery and camera quality are not that great for a price of $550. However, the prices of the LG G6 are expected to fall once its latest counterpart, the G7 is launched.