HomeLatest News1Million People Got A Chance To Experiment With the Windows 10 in...

1Million People Got A Chance To Experiment With the Windows 10 in 2014

- Advertisement -

When the Windows 10 was anticipated in 2014, the software developer gave only a million lucky people the chance to test their latest version. Though the Technical Preview of the OS did not have all the features that they had worked on, people were excited to test it with great enthusiasm and interest.

Windows 10 versions

Thanks to the trials, as many as 200,000 nuggets of “UIFs” or “user-initiated feedback” were received by Microsoft from these users. Joe Belfiore, the Corporate Vice President of Microsoft of the Operating Systems at that time wrote in an official Windows blog that the testers were “a vocal bunch”.

A preview version of Windows 10 experiment 2014 was launched before it was available for the end user. Belfiore was in charge of Microsoft’s tablet, phone and PC designing. The Microsoft leader had said that Windows 10 was going to be very different. The blog also suggests that only 36% of installations of the Windows 10 Technical Preview are in VMs. The other 64% were being run on actual PCs.

This implies the feedback was based on “medium-term” and declared after a one-off experimentation.

Since then, several versions of Windows 10 were launched in the coming years. Only recently did we get a hold of the Windows 11. That shows the success of the Windows 10.

Versions of Windows 10 that were launched in the market:

  • Windows 10 version 1507
  • Windows 10 version 1511
  • Windows 10 version 1607
  • Windows 10 version 1703
  • Windows 10 version 1709
  • Windows 10 version 1803
  • Windows 10 version 1809
  • Windows 10 version 1903
  • Windows 10 version 1909
  • Windows 10 version 2004
  • Windows 10 version 20H2
  • Windows 10 version 21H1
  • Windows 10 version 21H2

Windows 11 was finally launched on 5 October 2021.

If you want to go back to the older version, read this interesting article about how to go back to Windows 100 from Windows 11

- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular